Reporting to the Plant Manager and to the PepsiCo Chicago
Division HSE Manager, the HSE Manager is responsible for overall leadership of Blue Ridge?s HSE Programs, including coordinating and facilitating salaried and hourly direct engagement in HSE.
The HSE Manager Position has one (1) direct reports.?
Specific functions include:
1. Coach and advise site leadership:?
2. Plan for, check, and report on HSE efforts and progress?
- Provide consultative guidance and information to Leadership Team on HSE performance, priorities, risks, costs, major issues / concerns, and interpretation of regulatory requirements;?
- Keep management apprised of status, trends, and progress compared to goals and plan targets;?
- Monitor the skills and capabilities of those who assist with (or lead) specific HSE programs; recommend training; and provide day-to-day coaching, feedback, and functional direction.
3. Coordinate site-wide HSE programs execution:
- Assure the development of annual HSE goals, plans (HSE capital expenditures and activities), and HSE budget(s);?
- Develop and oversee procedures to review the status and effectiveness of HSE programs, and to make needed improvements;?
- Gather and report data on HSE performance (metrics), plan execution, audit corrective actions, and incidents;
establishing the roles of others who will assist with (or lead) each program; assuring the development of prioritized action plans with timetables for execution; and participating in the development of plant-specific procedures and methods;
- Oversee a site-wide system to identify and evaluate hazards (risks), and implement effective controls (corrective solutions) consistent with PepsiCo Chicago risk management process;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of PepsiCo Chicago HSE programs including:
(i) technical HSE issues / hazards are recognized and addressed; (ii) required permit applications are submitted in a timely manner; (iii) CARs are approved by HSE prior to final authorization; and (iv) effective controls are implemented;
- Serve as a subject matter expert to individuals charged with the implementation and ongoing operation of assigned PepsiCo Chicago HSE Program Elements;
- Facilitate the effectiveness of employee HSE training and education programs, including HSE training and orientation for new employees, Program Element Leaders, Ops Management, etc.;
- Manage the process for the selection and oversight of qualified HSE consultants;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of accurate, up-to-date, and complete records for HSE-related activities;
- Participate in the review of new / modified operations, processes, procedures, etc. at the proposal and / or design phase to ensure that:
Implement measures that support effective injury / illness case management and return-to-work programs;
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and that permit conditions (e.g. sampling, recordkeeping) are being met;
- Organize and manage the incident investigation process in alignment with PepsiCo Chicago practices, using participative root cause analysis techniques and applying appropriate countermeasures.
4. Maintain an effective working relationship and dialogue with PepsiCo Chicago HSE staff for guidance and alignment on HSE-related activities. Requirements:
- Coordinate the response to regulatory compliance activities, including on-site inspections, written complaints, notices of violation, etc.
and / or PE)?
- Bachelor degree required-Degree in Occupational HSE discipline, Science or Engineering preferred-5+ years of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE, EHS) experience in a manufacturing environment required?
- Functional HSE Knowledge in regulatory requirements, HSE technical aspects (safety, industrial hygiene, environmental), risk management, behavior-based safety, training, auditing / program review, regulatory agency enforcement, HSE vendor / consultant management, business knowledge required?
- Proven track record in driving cultural change in HSE?
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred-Professional HSE certification or the desire to attain certification (CIH, CSP, CHMM,
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.pepsicojobs.com and reference job number 29532.
- Must be willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time
PepsiCo Inc. is an American multinational food and beverage corporation headquartered in Purchase, New York, United States, with interests...