GTECH is looking for an experienced Technology Writer to join our Business Proposals team.
The position is responsible for collaborating with department management, Bid Managers, and various resources to gather data, contribute written content on our complex technologies, and thus participate in the production of a variety of sales- and customer-focused documents in support of the Business Proposals Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and write proposal sections and other materials primarily dealing with GTECH’s technology (central systems, software, communications networks, retailer and self-service terminals), all geared toward obtaining new business and retaining existing business.
- Assume ongoing responsibility for sections across these and other multiple disciplines, and to eventually master the material and be recognized as an internal expert on and resource for information about those disciplines.
- Analyze customer requirements as relayed through Requests for Proposals (RFPs) within area(s) of specialization and other writing assignments, and guide proposal content accordingly.
- Have a working understanding of complex enterprise systems, communications network, and/or or other transaction-based technology.
- Partner with internal resources (and take advantage of training opportunities) to develop a deeper knowledge and understanding that will enable more detailed and customer-focused content for written sections.
- Write, update, and maintain foundation material on assigned topics.
- Consistently manage multiple and more complex section assignments in a professional, timely, technically accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in English, Communications, Writing, Business, or related field AND/OR in a technology-related field.
- Experience in systems or software development, requirements analysis, security, data networking, system test, virtualization, enterprise or Big Data, cloud computing, and/or testing a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience writing complex technology content for proposals or other sales documentation.
- Previous proposal writing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Shipley method preferred.
- APMP Foundation level certification a plus.
- Job requires a team player with excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in an unpredictable, fast-paced work environment.
GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery...