A busy Moving and Storage company, specializing in local, interstate and international transportation as well as long term, open and container storage seeks an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. We operate in a fast paced, high volume environment and the company is comprised of several branches. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a passion for the accounting field and is eager to play a part in increasing business profitability.
This position will be responsible for duties including but not limited to the following:
1. Detailed Customer Billing/Revenue Posting.
2. Weekly Driver/Contractor Commission Statement generation and disbursement.
3. Weekly Driver/Contractor charges posting.
4. Employee Driver Expense Report verification and posting.
5. Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred but not required.
2. 3-5 years of related accounting experience.
3. Previous experience in the Moving and Storage industry preferred but not required.
4. Must be a self starter with great attention to detail who is able to work with little to no supervision.
5. Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
6. Must be able and willing to multitask and operate efficiently in a high pace environment.
7. Must have an eagerness to take ownership of your position and be willing to reach out to others for answers and additional knowledge of overall business flow in order to complete the required duties as efficiently and accurately as possible.
8. Ability to think critically and offer suggestions and insight that may prompt process changes to increase overall business profitability.
9. Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
Rate of pay: 30K - 35K DOE