The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Director of Development in our Myrtle Beach, SC office implementing and supervising other development staff for the special events in Horry County. These are large corporate based events that brings together thousands of people from across the region to raise funds.
The Senior Director manages other nonprofit Directors and should have 2-5 years experience - including fundraising and volunteer management. A broad knowledge of the Myrtle Beach business community is also important for this leader. Serving as a field account manager for key accounts, you will ensure that a plan exists for and play an integral role in procuring sponsorship and recruiting team captains and walkers to meet specific company fundraising goals by working with people of all levels. Your job is to be a coach and manager, motivator and relationship builder. You will conduct sales calls to penetrate new businesses and build existing relationships, set goals with individuals and companies and inspire them to attain those goals as event leaders and participants.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do!
Candidates must apply online as the AHA's recruitment process does not include the utilization of faxed or hard copy resumes.
To apply, please visit www.heart.org and click on Careers.
The American Heart Association is a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free workplace. EOE M/F/V/D
Keywords: nonprofit, not for profit, non-profit, non profit, development director, executive director, development, fundraising, fundraise, fundraiser, marathon, gala, special events, sales, business development.
- BA or BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two to five years relevant work experience, including proven success in fundraising and volunteer management.
- Ability to train, manage, guide, motivate direct reports and volunteers to achieve objectives.
- Ability to set aggressive goals with direct reports and clients.
- Ability to plan, work independently and adhere to budget and timeline expectations.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...