Job Number: nest-00029143
Relocation: Availability of relocation assistance for this position is yet to be determined.
Provide HR generalist support and assist in day-to-day activities of the HR Department, such as:
1. Assistance with the annual hourly compensation program (leads wage/benefit data gathering to ensure Total Compensation Market Competitiveness). Oversees hourly wage/review program and proposes changes as appropriate.
2. HR reporting and ad-hoc data analysis.
3. Employee engagement under Future Manufacturing guidelines
4. Coordination and execution of the plant recognition programs.
5. Coordination and management in conjunction with other HR Staff of Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests, Workers Compensation issues, OSHA requirements, and employee PTO issues.
6. Employee relations guidance and counsel to employees and managers.
7. Compilation of required EEO information and maintenance of the EEO Quarterly Reports, as well as preparation of plant's annual Affirmative Action Plan.
Conduct recruitment efforts and new hire processes; including but not limited to: posting of open positions, sourcing candidates, behavioral based interviewing, generating offer letters, scheduling employee drug screens/physicals, reviewing background checks, and processing new hire paperwork.
Coordinate, schedule, and assist in conducting and creating training and development programs; including New Employee Orientations for part-time and full-time employees.
Assist with the maintenance of all HR data, which includes Globe/SAP employee data, processing of Employee Action Forms, maintenance of Job Descriptions and Employee Profiles, Legal/Policy Updates, and other Instructions affecting hourly workforce.
Other duties as assigned.
Work independently with little supervision.
No direct reports
Must have financial knowledge for analysis of compensation/salary/incentive issues
'Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
'Experience in leading organizational change and good leadership skills
'Able to work in a team environment
'Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) and an HRIS system (such as SAP)
'Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills
'Proven ability to gain trust and credibility with workforce
'Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
'Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
'Must be detail oriented
'Must be able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization and offer off shift coverage and work extended hours.
'Must possess good presentation and training skills
'Strong grasp of Federal & State Employment Laws
'Insight to identify links between facts, ideas and situations.
'Service orientation to serve one's customers in a way that best meets their actual needs.
'Courage to make decisions while ascertaining risks and being conscious of their responsibilities.
'Proactive cooperation to work collaboratively with others, demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives.
'Lead people to make them believe in themselves and in what they are doing, so they push their limits and are encouraged to outperform.
'Respects and applies Nestlé's values.
'Behaves consistently with values and management principals.
'Develop people by helping individuals identify their short and long-term development needs, encouraging their individual learning by providing them with appropriate support.
Nestlé is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL, AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) is required.
3 years experience in the Human Resources field with experience in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, employee communications, and compensation administration (including incentive programs). Must have knowledge/experience of basic employment laws ( i.e., ADA, FMLA, FLSA) and applications.
2 years of expereince in a manufacturing environment with extensive exposure to the production floor and operators.
- Experience with Union-free manufacturing workforce is a plus. Continuous process improvement systems a plus.
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...