HNTB is ranked among the nation’s top architectural firms with a local office in midtown Manhattan. Firmwide areas of expertise include transportation, aviation, sports, convention centers, and federal work. Our NYC office focuses on local and national transportation and aviation projects including Boston South Station Expansion, Chicago Wilson Avenue station design, the RFK Triboro Bridge toll plaza redevelopment and planning at Houston International Airport.
AT HNTB, WE’RE COMMITTED TO MAKING SUCCESS HAPPEN FOR OUR CLIENTS, OUR EMPLOYEES AND OUR FIRM.
HNTB is an architectural leader because we hire the best talent and develop employees from within the firm. Our culture will allow you to gain experience on all phases of the project delivery process. Your career growth will be developed based upon your personal strengths and interests through our Career Path Development program.
HNTB is actively seeking summer interns who exhibit technical excellence, have achieved academic success, and have earned the respect of their peers. We are looking for candidates who excel at:
- Problem solving
- Production methodology
- Sustainable design (LEED)
- Emerging computer technologies
Preference will be given to former HNTB interns.
HNTB does NOT pay for housing or relocation for this position.
- Performs elementary architectural assignments and works from designs of others
- Compiles data, performs basic computations and prepares working drawings on projects of limited scope
- Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of contract drawings for new and alteration projects
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of contract drawings
- Assists in the preparation of design development drawings
- Researches, gathers, and records information for use in writing specifications
- Performs basic analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies and limited design layouts
- Completion of 2 or more years of an accredited post-secondary Architecture program by June 2013
- Currently enrolled student who will return to school in the fall
- Graduation date of December 2013 or later
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB - 14 months ago
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...