The Programmer Analyst (PA) is responsible for programming and testing batch systems to meet client requirements and provide technology support. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying system specifications throughout the production life cycle. The PA will also analyze and amend system errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. The PA is also responsible for ensuring that programming for batch systems (SAS, SQL, and JCL) operates smoothly and remains current. The role performs batch analysis, maintains technical documentation, prepares test plans, and conducts testing for assigned clients.
Test Plan Execution
* Identify/create test cases based on test plans.
* Investigate and resolve issues when actual results don't meet expected results.
* Perform batch regression testing.
* Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
* Prepare and share project status reports.
* Prepare programs for production deployment including documentation and automated job submission following System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) procedures and standards.
* Create or assists in the development and maintenance of user documentation and processing guidelines.
Ongoing Production Support
* Support the production schedule.
* Restart failed jobs.
* Perform defect analysis and correction.
* Systems/Code Analysis Assistance
* Review client requirements documents, interface layouts, and any preliminary analysis.
* Identify needed programming to meet client requirements.
* Complete SDLC analysis artifacts with programming needs.
* Deliver analysis artifacts to PAs.
* Test Plan Design Assistance
* Review client requirements documents, interface layouts, and any preliminary test plans.
* Identify needed test cases.
* Complete test plans with test case needs following SDLC guidelines.
* Coaching of new PA
* Assist in the delivery of training for new team members.
* Conduct on-the-job training for new hire programmers.
* Perform code reviews or analysis reviews for other PAs.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelors degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
* 1-2 years related work experience preferred
Knowledge & Experience
* Strong people and project management skills.
* Background in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience with production scheduling software.
* Familiarity with human resource, payroll and/or benefit systems.
* Direct experience with automated software and system management tools.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Experience with core software applications, including SQL/DB2 and Data Models.
* Technical fluency in top-down programming languages, including SAS.
* Experience with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MVS/JCL/ISPF.
* Familiarity with and understanding of cost build worksheets.
* Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Any type of offshore experience; languages, and culture.
* Ability to effectively prioritize, manage, track, and report project status.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Off-hours support of batch environment; includes carrying a pager to responding to failed jobs overnight and on weekends.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Orlando, Florida United States
Orlando, FL United States
Aon - 19 months ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...