Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a START-UP ENGINEER to commission Air Separation Units (ASU), Hydrogen or Carbon Monoxide (HyCO)Plants, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facilities, and other cryogenic technologies for US based projects.
The successful candidate will be under the guidance of senior experienced Start-up engineers and participate in projects ranging from $5 to $200 million US dollars. The team will be responsible for taking a facility from construction completion to commercial operation in a safe and efficient manner. After demonstrating sufficient job competency, the successful candidate will lead a team of specialists for projects in the range of $5 to $20 million US dollars.
In addition, office tasks involve reviewing/developing P&ID's, participating in DCS staging, preparing operating procedures, participating in model reviews and planning commissioning efforts.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- Field operating experience or previous commissioning experience is required.
- A BS in CHE or ME is desired; however, at least ten years of actual field experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Travel is required, primarily to North America and South America for ASU and HyCO projects. Travel for LNG projects will be worldwide. Field assignments can vary from one week to ten weeks depending upon the project scope and complexity. Typical travel time is about 40%.
- Should be able to represent Air Products in front of our third party customers and shall remain calm and clear thinking during upset plant operations.
- Should understand a wide array of plant areas including instrumentation, machinery, electrical and process engineering.
- Should possess leadership skills to direct the field commissioning team.
- English speaking is required. Other language skills are a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #9490BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 2 years ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...