Oakwood Worldwide is seeking a highly motivated and hands on Assistant Property Manager interested in a career change to work at our Long Beach Marina property. Prior general management experience of a 300+ room hotel is ideal. The Assistant Manager role is the starting point for your career at Oakwood and will prepare you to manage your own 400-600 unit property within 6 months!
The ideal candidate will have experience leading and motivating a staff of 15+ employees, creating budgets, inventory management, financial forecasting and P&L experience, as well as the ability to provide outstanding guest service and associate satisfaction.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervision, training, and evaluation of Leasing and Administrative staff
- Ensure vendors complete timely, quality work with minimal inconvenience to residents
- Ensure all residents have a positive experience with Oakwood. Monitor through individual resident discussions, feedback, comment cards and communication regarding employee/resident interactions
- Walk move-ins daily to ensure zero defects so that resident's first impression of Oakwood is a good one
- Work with Home Services to ensure that apartments are set up on a timely basis and are of a consistent, quality product. Also ensure the overall property shows well at all times.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required
- Manage the finances on a monthly basis as well as develop and administer annual budget
- Interact with corporate sales and marketing to increase occupancy, sales, and exposure
- Timely collection of rent and delinquent accounts, ensure accurate payment of invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure all staff provide excellent customer service
- Analyze market conditions and oversee that rentals and leases are rented at maximum rate
- Manage lease renewal program, approve or negotiate lease extensions
- Communicate with residents to determine and resolve any service issue or management complaints
- Initiate legal action for lease violations
- Promote customer-centered focus among all staff levels
- Identify and implement capital improvement or replacement programs
- Adhere to Risk Management guidelines set forth by the Home Office
**Prefer individuals able to relocate for future promotional opportunities anywhere in the United States and must be able to work weekends.**
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years hotel related management experience
- 3+ years as general manager experience
- Budget, financial reports, P&L experience is required
- Professional and polished customer service and communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to relocate for future career growth opportunities is desired
- Assistant Managers are the manager on duty every weekend; two consecutive weekdays off.
Oakwood Temporary Housing offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Along with competitive salary, the company offers medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Oakwood Temporary Housing will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Oakwood Temporary Housing is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify. Oakwood Temporary Housing le proporcionara a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA), y si es necesario, al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS), información obtenida del Formulario I-9 correspondiente a cada empleado recién contratado con el propósito de confirmar la autorización de trabajo. En dado caso que el gobierno no pueda confirmar si esta usted autorizado para trabajar, este empleador esta obligado a proporcionar las instrucciones por escrito y darle la oportunidad a que se ponga en contacto con la oficina del SSA y, o el DHS antes de tomar una determinación adversa en contra suya, inclusive despedirlo.
Oakwood Worldwide - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard