Facilities / Engineering Manager 1 (Exempt)
System ID: 12222
Position Title: Facilities / Engineering Manager 1 (Exempt)
More information about this job:Unit Description:
Chief Engineer will plan, organize, supervise, coordinate and control the activities of plant operations/engineering for a commercial laundry facility, including but not limited to repairing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and plumbing equipment. Maintain and repair boilers, electrical equipment, plumbing equipment, hydraulic equipment, HVAC, and all commercial laundry equipment. May work with locks and keys for all areas of the property. Assist in training engineers. Responsible for daily supervision of engineering department, assist in hiring, terminations, shift appraisal documentation, discipline and wage adjustments. Maintain required logs and shift documentation. Ensure equipment operating & safety procedures are correctly followed; responds to building emergencies and responsible for all equipment maintenance and repair. Knowledge of entire layout of the property. Knowledge of welding, plumbing, steam and HVAC. Previous supervisory experience in this field required.
Position Summary :
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in management and/or supervision of engineering and plant maintenance, including, but not limited to installation and preventive maintenance of equipment, construction, utilities and building.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions, equipment and techniques.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employee?s of the organization.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong ability to manage numerous tasks and people at the same time.
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to clients. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. May report to GM in smaller accounts, or to an Ops Manager in a larger account, or to another manager level.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
SystemsEngineeringJobs.com - 21 months ago
Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, skills and...