Responsible for leading and providing oversight to writers in developing/writing successful responses to RFP requests via a broad base of technical knowledge and keen writing ability using company provided resources and tools. This role has the capacity to translate complex technical solutions, strategies and win themes into easily understandable, readable and compelling responses. This role supports activities including RFP response outline, proposal management and solution development and is responsible for providing clear, concise, persuasive solution write-ups clearly articulating company's unique value proposition. This role will also ensure consistency of messaging and content aligns proposed solution to client objectives across all RFP deliverables. Takes lead in enforcing efficient, effective authoring process to meet proposal expectations and minimize obstacles and risks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and direction to other writers.
- Lead proposal content story and response development sessions with key stakeholders to clarify approach, services and products being proposed.
- Work with solution delivery and local teams in identifying, analysis, solution, developing business case, proposal preparation and presentation to client.
- Ability to review and evaluate tools and assets for inclusion with the solution.
- Develop a WINNING proposal narrative (including management plans, staffing plans, past performance/experience, transition plans, quality initiatives and other areas) independently and through SME/Solution architect interactions
- Ensure that the solution framework is properly integrated, compliant, and tells a compelling/discriminating story in the final proposal.
- Interview SMEs to gather key experience data, success stories and accomplishments.
- Work with SMEs in the business to articulate their messages succinctly and effectively.
- Review customer specifications and bid requirements for completeness and obtain clarification from solution teams in preparing responses for the RFP.
- Write standard proposal responses by analyzing the requests and interfacing effectively with local sales and solution teams.
- Ability to work on concurrent RFP responses.
- Act as a focal point for collection of information from various sources and participate in the definition, creation and maintenance of a central document repository of relevant materials.
- Work with Content Management resource to develop and maintain library and other proposal tools and assets that are reusable.
- Develop/write content for presentations and other visual materials.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- BS or BA degree or higher required, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5 years of experience in project administration, business development and proposal development or related activities and positions.
- Experience writing and coordinating proposals with multiple contributors.
- Experience writing/editing and proofreading a variety of technical materials.
- Leadership and education experience preferred.
- Experience in authoring all or key portions of technical responses for RFP preferred.
- Must possess intermediate skills in MS Office suite.
- Must function well in a team environment with the know-how to work independently.
- Communications skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals to research, secure and/or provide information, clarify situations, resolve problems and ensure cooperation among individuals and across the team.
- Organizational and time management skills to coordinate projects and people prioritize and track multiple projects simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills.
- Excellent communications skills and writing ability.
- Ability to multi-task across a number of assignments.
- Ability to interface with senior executives.
DOE + Bonus Eligible
American Medical Response - 9 months ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...