Thank you for considering Elwyn.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting individual program for mental health consumers. Responsible for completing mental status exams and be knowledgeable of the DSM4. Responsible to provide supportive counseling. Act as an advocate and represent clients needs and rights with outside social service agencies, families, etc. Responsible to assist and support mental health consumers in all activities of daily living. Responsible for the design and facilitation of therapeutic groups. Responsible for planning and implementing community integration plans for consumers. Responsible for administering medications as prescribed. Responsible for following all doctor’s orders regarding wound care, speech, physical therapy, Occupational therapy or any other prescribed directive. Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures, and schedules established by the program supervisor and/or Director of Adult Residential Mental Health Services.
EXPERIENCE: One or two years in the mental health field with supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of Associates Degree in the human service field or 60 college credits required for MHPS I
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in the human service field required for MHPS II
- Develop and implement individual programs for mental health consumers
- Provide supportive counseling to mental health consumers with personal, behavioral, or social problems
- Develop and adhere to individual behavior management plans
- Advocate for residents with outside agencies
- Interface with families of residents and other interested parties
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self care
- Provide routine health care functions as directed
Elwyn - 18 months ago
Elwyn isn't a character out of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. It's a not-for-profit organization that serves some 13,000...