As a member of the Product Marketing team, the Senior Principal - Airline Product Strategy is responsible for understanding emerging innovative trends and advances within the airline and travel distribution industries and is capable of translating this knowledge and key industry relationships into potential new business and product opportunity concepts for ARC’s consideration.
Qualified candidates will possess the business acumen, technical competency, leadership qualities, and industry relationships to conceive, develop, and implement distinctive, innovative, and disciplined new airline products in the areas of pricing and revenue management, sales and distribution, and network planning.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and leading various tasks associated with vetting R&D and new product and service development ideas or concepts. The Senior Principal is also responsible for planning, supporting and organizing activities associated with the enhancement of existing products.
This position requires a working knowledge of the ARC product portfolio and the ability to articulate ARC’s overall product strategy both internally and externally including the product suite’s strengths, weaknesses, differentiating features, and how they are used by our customers. In addition, the Senior Principal must be able to clearly and effectively articulate new business and product opportunity concepts to executives, peers, and staff as well as clearly and effectively articulate proposals, presentations and part of the new initiative approval process.
· Must understand and demonstrate ARC’s values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, Cost-Effectiveness, and Excellence
· Minimum Bachelor's Degree or M.B.A. in Aviation, Marketing, Finance or Business Management
· Minimum of 15+ years of relevant airline/ travel distribution experience
· General experience in either airline pricing, revenue management, sales and distribution, and/or network planning, required
· Ability to develop new solutions that address the customer’s needs through the use of research, logic, analytical skills, creativity, and technical knowledge
· Ability to effectively lead travel industry discussions, on behalf of ARC
· Ability to give professional and effective presentations at industry meetings which include major conferences attended by participants from the global marketplace
· Ability to write concise and professional business cases, white papers and concept documents
· Ability to drive business growth through business development, customer relationships, strategic partnerships/alliances, innovation and entrepreneurial vision
· Ability to conduct commercial, technical and financial analysis for potential products, services or solutions
· Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual able to work independently or as part of a team
· Consulting experience a plus
· Project management experience a plus
· Must be willing to travel
Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) - 2 years ago