KMC Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of and co-located with Elbit Systems of America, is a leading contract designer and manufacturer of medical devices and instrumentation for OEM’s in the areas of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biomedical products. With more than 25 years of experience, KMC is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered firm with expertise in all aspects of product development, verification, design for and transition to production. Additional capabilities include flexible turnkey manufacturing, depot and field service repair and full compliance with FDA QSR regulations and GMP practices.
A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining ESA could be the best move of your career.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
The Software Department Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of software development for innovative, leading edge medical diagnostics technologies involving diverse clients and applications.
- Lead and manage a strong software development department of 15 to 20.
- Provide vision on technical direction, architecture, languages, software tools, etc.
- Manage the successful execution of multiple, concurrent projects
- Plan and execute major research and development programs based on long range business goals.
- Establish procedures and assignments to be followed to meet program completion dates as planned; ensure that estimates of manpower needs, costs and budgets are prepared, established and monitored; review and evaluate progress of subordinate activities.
- Direct initial program planning including proposal philosophy coordination, technical baseline definition, proposal preparation; subcontractor statements of work specifications; estimation of product or service costs.
- Direct others who devise applications of engineering technology to solve problems.
- Assure that product designs are competitive.
- Evaluate and select optimum design alternatives.
- Recommend the addition, expansion or termination of research projects.
- Define projects and act as technical leader, assisting others in the solution of complex problems involving diverse areas of various technical disciplines.
- Assure that project engineering costs adhere to budget and develop engineering budgets.
- Determine technical and cost feasibility of projects; prepare proposals for new business with assistance from subordinates.
- Serve as consultant to top management in establishing long‑range goals and preparing proposals for new business.
- Act as spokesman to customer personnel on engineering capabilities and future efforts. May be instrumental in attracting and obtaining major new business contracts.
- Assure engineering research and development results are consistent with customer and company requirements and objectives.
- Assure effective liaison with other functions and departments to obtain all cooperation and support required for the success of assigned programs.
- Review job performance of subordinates and personnel assigned to program; ensure assignments are given according to individual capabilities and promotions, transfers, terminations, compensation change are acted upon where warranted. Responsible for developing and utilizing talents of assigned personnel to best accomplish company goals.
- BSCS, BSEE, BS Math, or equivalent discipline (MBA or MS preferred)
- 10+ years relevant product development experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills essential
- Team leadership abilities
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle (Agile, Spiral), object oriented design methodology and programming languages, (one or more of C/C++, Java, C#)
- Demonstrated experience using software configuration tools for source code control (cvs, svn, PerForce), issue tracking (Mantis, Jira), requirements management (DOORS), code review tools (Code Collaborator, Crucible), 3rdparty project build tools
- Needs to be creative/innovative, think on your feet, & work well under pressure and deadlines
- Experience should include management of multiple projects
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Architecture/ design experience of software for hardware instruments/devices
- Experienced with complex device control and GUI's; ideally experienced with precision automated equipment
- FDA regulatory experience; knowledge of FDA guidelines for medical instruments
- Experienced in Software and System Risk/Hazard Analysis for medical devices
- Software cost estimation experience is preferred
Elbit Systems of America - 15 months ago