At Englewood Community Hospital we work hard to contribute to the health of our patients by ensuring the happiness of our people. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, we focus on your needs while providing excellent care to our patients. Our intimate 100-bed hospital has earned major accolades for our Orthopedic, Stroke and Cardiac achievements. We are also an accredited Chest Pain Center offering many "big-city" services to our patients.
Discover how we care in our vibrant, beachfront community where the patient and our community always come first.
The House Supervisor prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care provided throughout the hospital.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Supervises and directs the provision of all aspects of patient care.
- Assists in providing effective distribution and utilization of personnel with particular emphasis on staffing for nursing areas.
- Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response.
- Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift .Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
- Evaluates issues and identifies trends. Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues.
- Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders. Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
- Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital.
This position will not include reimbursement for interview or relocation expenses.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to
. Referrals are always appreciated
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Management preferred.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Basic knowledge of main functional areas within the Hospital.
- Previous managerial experience in clinical nursing within hospital environment.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
A 100-bed acute care hospital, offering a wide variety of healthcare services, we strive to create a culture that fosters compassion and...