Primary Job Functions
- Complete and execute all new hire paperwork and maintain employee files.
- Conduct new hire orientation for all hourly associates.
- Ensure that benefit information is distributed and communicated to associates in a timely manner.
- Responsible for totaling time and hours for payroll on a weekly basis and entering into Kronos, as well as making any adjustments and verify receipt by corporate payroll.
- Responsible for ensuring bulletins and general postings are in compliance with Policies &Procedures (P&P’s).
- Coordinate drug testing and background checks for all store associates.
- Responsible for ensuring the authorization of new hires and conducting initial screening for all store associates.
- Recruits, interviews and is involved in final selection of all Operations associates.
- Address any associate complaints, grievances and questions as they arise.
- Execute disciplinary procedures fairly and document corrective action properly.
- Maintain Company dress code for all associates.
Cash Wrap, Register, and Cash Management
- Ensure all P&P’s are followed in the cash office and cash wrap.
- Coordinate and monitor training of staff.
- Supervise the sales of tickets, licenses and ski passes including service & replacement plans.
Training and Developing Staff
- Ensure compliance in and the execution of Company sponsored training programs including Stop, Serve and Sell; Learning Management System (LMS); and Customer Experience Index (CEI).
- Recruit, interview and is involved in final selection of staff.
- Create new hire’s training schedule; follows Training Checklist with all new hires.
- Complete yearly performance evaluations for associates. Recommend promotional and merit increases based on performance.
Gift Sales Management
- Manage cash wrap and gift department merchandise.
- Set and communicate department sales goals.
- Maintain merchandise levels.
- Track the placement and signage of ad goods.
- Participate in the “Manager on Duty” Program, which requires complete understanding of all store procedures.
- Responsible for the protection of company assets.
- Control operations payroll budget. Schedule staff efficiently to maximize sales and accommodate store traffic.
- Order store supplies on a monthly basis as needed.
- Monitor audit compliance for all departments and responsible for all audit activity in store.
- Monitor and execute issues regarding price management control.
- Prepare status updates regarding operations to Store Manager.
- Organize, participate and take notes for store safety and shrink committee and report any potential safety issues to Risk Management.
- Respond to inquiries from the corporate office in regard to operational tasks or issues.
- Be aware of and report any potential asset protection issues.
- Responsible for Store Operational Audit compliance.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned or developed.
- Monitor and verify Technical Service department integrity and inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining established Technical Services P&P’s.
- Ensure Technical Service associates are trained and required certifications are obtained.
Prerequisite skills/experience for position
- 2-5 years experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience. Previous management experience preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong numeric ability, and sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably and enthusiastically with customers.
- Must have knowledge of local competitive environment.
- Ability/flexibility to work any open store hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for purposes of orientating and training new associates.
- Strong regard for policies and procedures and an ability to execute company standards successfully.
- Understand and facilitate Policies & Procedures (P&P’s) and Audit procedures.