CAD Research Intern
* As a CAD research intern, you will be expected to carry out research in one of the following disciplines:
- Logic verification: Formal (mathematically provable) verification of register transfer language (RTL) descriptions of microrpocessors designs, verification of protocols for networks that interconnect processors on a die or processors within a system, verification of embedded software.
- Microarchitecture exploration: Software tools and models for power management of multicore microprocessors, physical optimization and verification of on-chip communication fabrics, software-level power estimation for system-on-chip (SOC) processors and platforms, high-level synthesis.
- Electrical, test and post-silicon validation: Software-level platform validation, verification of analog mixed-signal blocks, metrics and methods for testing of analog blocks during high-volume manufacturing, graphical user interfaces for capture of microarchitecture specifications for design and post-silicon fabrication validation.
- Design efficiency applied research: Development of metrics and active capture techniques for measuring the efficiency of microprocessor design and validation flows, linear algebra and logic simulation engines for multicore computer systems, physical design and analysis systems for efficient integration of microprocessor components at the fullchip level.
- Power/Performance and Technology: Circuit optimization for reduction of power, microarchitecture-and register-transfer-level power estimation, estimation flows for evaluating impact of process technology changes on design optimality, library cell synthesis
This internship involves working under the supervision of a research scientists in DTS' Strategic CAD Labs department on a research project aligned with DTS' CAD research roadmap. Most internships have a large software prototyping component. Additionally, significant work is directed at ensuring that prototype code works on Intel design testcases. The candidate should demonstrate a proven capability of independent research in the fields described above.
Since the focus of this team is to continuously improve our highly optimized, world-class high-performance computing application, we require successful applicants to have a thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, computational complexity, and how to design and write efficient and maintainable code. We approach new challenges with scientific methods of investigation, and applies strict software engineering discipline to deliver robust, quality code that must perform reliably and predictably as part of Intel's manufacturing process.
Typical internships are for a 3 month duration.
Education: Student should be currently enrolled in an MS/PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
Skills: C++/OCaml/SystemC/Matlab coding skills; analytical skills for problem abstraction; broad theoretical knowledge in computer science and engineering, including algorithms and data structures; familiarity with standard software engineering practices for version control, configuration management, testing, root cause analysis, and quality assurance.
Experience: Acquired through coursework, internships, or personal projects.
Skills: Theoretical knowledge in electronic computer aided design areas; ability to apply scientific methods to investigate problems and to reduce ambiguity in making technical decisions;.C++ or OCaml or Matlab coding skills including advanced language concepts used in standard libraries; working knowledge of software design patterns and programming paradigms; fluency in use of OS features and scripting languages;
Experience: Acquired through coursework, thesis, internships, or personal projects
* 4+ years experience in applied computer programming as part of a team and/or,
* 1+ years experience in implementation of software for CAD, computer graphics, engineering analysis, or database solution, and/or,
Education: Student should be currently enrolled in an MS/PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with proposed thesis in technical area directly related to electronic CAD research. Demonstrated capability for research through record of publications in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
USA-California, Folsom, USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 13, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...