Allstate’s Knowledge Manager is responsible for creating and implementing knowledge management strategies for Allstate’s intranet content. The successful candidate will develop change readiness programs for managing business and technology knowledge, will assist in the maintenance of information management solutions, including Allstate’s intranet site, assisting with communication and acting as a resource to content and collaboration teams.
· Use knowledge management tools and resources, create and disseminate good practices for knowledge sharing and, by doing so, advocate for adept knowledge management
· Prepare and deliver policies, processes, knowledge base materials for knowledge management
· Consult with and educate business units on knowledge management practices
· Create change readiness for KM – webinars and in person sessions
· Assist with the management of Allstate’s collaboration and intranet content, optimizing content for search and browse
· Assisting with the maintenance of intranet knowledge repositories
· Help develop intranet knowledge sharing solutions and manage content lifecycle
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Information Management or equivalent professional experience. Liberal Arts degrees, with equivalent experience are also appropriate, especially English, Philosophy, Classical or Modern Languages
Excellent English language skills and proficiency in another language
Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
Strong customer service orientation and ability to interact with diverse constituents
Comfortable with and effective using MS Office applications. Prior experience and familiarity with SharePoint 2010 and/or 2013 preferred
Able to work independently to complete tasks – sense of urgency when required. Detail oriented and accurate. Results oriented and deadline driven.
Able to collaborate effectively with work partners and business unit clients
Flexible attitude and ability to interact with a diverse user community and a changing environment. Comfortable with and excited about being part of the driving force behind cultural change management.
Allstate - 10 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...