Title: Senior Product Marketing Manager
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Product Marketing Manager...
The Senior Product Marketing Manager provides marketing vision, leadership and direction within the Data Backup and Recovery service line for Iron Mountain, North America. This service line is comprised of Iron Mountain’s offsite tape vaulting business, 3rd party partnership for online server backup, and value-added services and other future solutions. This position is responsible for developing and providing base product marketing for their product line including marketing plans and tactics to support the business objectives. This includes: development and implementation of marketing strategy and tactics to support service line revenue goals, launching new service lines, analyzing performance of current offerings, analyzing and recommending new service offerings, developing and executing integrated marketing plans, messaging and positioning, and ensuring sales channel readiness through sales training, sales tools and materials to efficiently and effectively sell Iron Mountain’s services.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager plays an advisory role to business leaders in evaluating product performance to help proactively develop and update company goals and objectives. This individual partners with sales executive management and advises sales team on any relevant product, market or competitive concerns. This individual recommends changes to current product development procedures based on market research and new market trends. This individual plays a leadership role in driving and influencing future product roadmaps within his/her service line. This individual must be able to lead directly and indirectly the work of others.
40% Marketing Strategy, Programs
20% Subject Matter Expert / Sales Support
- Plan and drive marketing strategies that ensure successful positioning and messaging and timely launch of products/services.
- Develops integrated Marketing Plans to support service line new revenue goals and manages the implementation of those plans while staying within budgetary guidelines.
20% Service Line Management
- Define/refine product value propositions. Develops buyer personas/profiles and messaging. Ensures the consistent implementation of messaging and positioning.
- Effectively represent Iron Mountain, its products and technologies to customers, prospects, partners, analysts, press, executive-level audiences and other significant constituencies, as well as represent those constituencies to Iron Mountain.
20% Organizational Integration, Leverage and Alignment
- Analyzes the performance of current service offerings including win/loss analysis, concepts for new services (includes forecasts for those new services), and service offerings of competitors. Collaborate with Product Management to define value and prioritize future product requirements and roadmap. Provide product lifecycle management within the geography.
- Provide the "voice of the customer", sales and account management to worldwide product management to ensure marketability of products, establishing and tailoring of value propositions for appropriate market segments.
- Plays a leadership role in recommending and influencing future product roadmaps based on market research and new market trends
- Must have the ability to lead and influence the goals of senior business leaders across functional areas.
- Foster close working relationships with Sales, Product Management, Marketing Communications, Field Marketing, PR, Corporate Marketing, Executive and Operations teams to effectively leverage expertise and resources, and utilize cross functional teams to maximize and focus resources on the achievement of Marketing and business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing
- MBA preferred
- Must be highly motivated, customer-focused, set high standards, and possess strong analytic skills. Must be able to think strategically without losing site of the details.
- Must have strong communications skills and experience creating presentations and delivering them to groups of executives, analysts, and IT services buyers for companies of a wide variety of sizes. Must have previous proven experience developing effective Marketing Plans, presentations and Sales tools.
- Must have strong technical aptitude characterized by the ability to understand technical concepts, value proposition and benefits and translate them to a wide variety of audiences.
- Must have the ability to persuade others to follow plan. Must be successful in working in a highly matrixed organization and getting things accomplished through the efforts of others. Must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong desire to be part of building something new.
- Strong project management skills required. Knowledge of the computer storage and backup market desirable.
- Ability to think strategically without losing site of the details
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinking, critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility/adaptability and a knack for thinking on your feet
- Ability to effectively communicate value propositions at both business and technical levels to industry analysts, prospects, partners, customers and internal constituencies
Ability to lead and influence a cross functional team within marketing and across the organization will be critical. This is an individual contributor role.
Strong problem solving skills required to analyze market trends and existing service offerings.
Nature of Impact
Role has direct impact with customer perception, sales enablement and revenue generation.
Area of Impact
Within daily responsibilities role will be working with field marketing, marketing services, product management, and sales.
Strong interpersonal skills critical to influence cross functional teams.
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...