This position will be responsible for developing in-house .NET software programs using Microsoft applications, analyzing data for continual process improvements, and integrating third-party software products to facilitate operations associated with financial and non-financial information.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 53 Minimum Qualifications Four (4) years of Software Development experience in Microsoft Technologies of which three (3) years in Application Development using .Net; and graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Computer Degree; or an equivalent combination of related education and/or experience. (PROOF OF EDUCATION REQUIRED).
Special Requirements Duties and Responsibilities 1. Conducts system analysis and participates in all phases of the programming life-cycle (from information gathering to testing to implementation) to support software applications associated with real-time and batch processing.
2. Works from specifications to create and modify software programs that improve operational efficiency for the office.
3. Provides technical leadership to identify programming deficiencies, prepare testing scripts, document new processing guidelines, and assist end-users with proper utilization.
4. Prepares system flowcharts and logic diagrams describing existing and proposed application requirements.
5. Defines file structures, specifies data relationships, assists with data conversion (as needed) and identifies programming phases.
6. Performs testing in accordance with established procedures.
7. Records corrections and modifications within Help Desk software for automated tracking and research.
8. Consults regularly with users to ensure an accurate understanding of programming requests and to verify the success of programming solutions. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of client-server environments with integrated software solutions utilizing SQL 2008 databases and SQL 2008 reporting services.
2. Ability to apply technical knowledge and principles in designing major financial software or other systems.
3. Ability to interpret and convert business problems to domain-specific computer languages using object-oriented windows and web-based applications.
4. Knowledge of business theory and principles and ability to understand business problems and devise solutions.
5. Knowledge of testing procedures and documentation standards with the ability to apply them to all system designs.
6. Ability to communicate technical information and conduct user interviews.
7. Skilled at intermediate levels of programming (or higher) with the ability to make significant programming and database changes including application development , data conversions, SQL scripts, and Crystal / SQL reports.
8. Proficiency in VB.Net, ASP.Net, VB 6.0, SQL Server 2008, Silverlight, and Crystal Reports.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...