The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will take actions needed to ensure the successful management of the company’s upstream supply chain with a focus on the product classes assigned to the position. They will maintain a close working relationship with the Materials Management Department so that there is timely availability of product for shipment to customers.
Supplier Management Activities
Customer Management Activities
- Manage contract pricing with suppliers.
- Execute material strategies for assigned material groups, working with suppliers to lower total landed costs.
- Assist Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Leads and Global Sourcing Manager in evaluating potential suppliers.
- Assist the Sourcing Lead, Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain Planners in solving supply issues impacting markets or customers.
- Assist the Sourcing Lead, Marketing, Sales, Materials Manager and Supply Chain Planners on New Product Introduction.
- Set up new material masters in the computer system.
- Resolve billing issues for the accounting department.
- Work with assigned Suppliers to drive improvement on the Supplier Scorecards. Work with the Quality Department to insure that plans of action are developed and implemented for improving poor performing suppliers, and rewarding top performing suppliers.
- Maintain and enhance strong partnerships with existing suppliers through excellent communication and approach to resolving issues.
- Visit and evaluate supplier’s technical and manufacturing capabilities and perform an audit if necessary.
- Participate in process improvement projects that focus on continuous improvement, supplier benchmarking, and driving out waste and cost.
- Provide sourcing recommendations to Sales, FABTECH and Supply Chain Planners to position IEWC to win in the marketplace.
- Coordinate request for quotation (RFQ), process them and respond to sales within the established time target.
- Large Key Customer contracts—work closely with the Sourcing Lead, Supply Chain Planners and appropriate sales team to establish pricing and inventory levels that support our contracts with our customers.
- Provide technical resources to our sales teams in aligning supplier partner’s products and capabilities to a particular application or requirement. Be a primary and direct contact point for drawings, samples, technical information such as material data sheets and specifications and reviewing customer requirements.
- Work with sales teams to utilize cross-selling and SKU rationalization opportunities to combine product families or groupings to optimize sales opportunities and maximize working capital.
IEWC is an EOE
- Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Sourcing, Logistics, Operations Management, Mathematics or Economics and one to three years of related experience.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Applications Skills: Ability to work in a Windows environment, to work with your department’s business applications and with standard current computer applications.
IEWC Corp. - 22 months ago