At Coventry; we've been building a world-class Customer Service Organizationthat delivers an easy and simple experience for our customers. We need the right people on the front line to make a difference with our members; health careproviders and even each other as we work together as a team. If you are looking for a career in the health care industry; but prefer an office environment; this could be the right opportunity for you. We are currently recruiting an Accounts Receivable Associate in our Bismarck; North Dakota Service Center. The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring accounts receivable records including claims and overdue invoices; and implementing collection procedures. We offer a competitive salary; excellent benefits (401K with company matching; paid training; comprehensive benefits including medical; dental; tuition reimbursement); vacation and sick time; and a business casual environment. This is a fast-paced; hands-on; team-oriented environment where creativity; initiative; and innovation are highly rewarded.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Developing and enhancing customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries and resolving customer concerns to meet or exceed customer service requirements.
- Researches customer information by effectively using internal technical tools in response to inquiries including; but not limited to; authorizations; payments; denials; and coordination of benefits.
- Works with internal partners such as Coventry health plans and group administration to resolve questions and billing system issues.
- Serves as consultant to health plans with regard to accounts receivable reporting.
- Analyzes; validates and processes bank related items for the accounts receivable process and resolves outstanding issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Reports daily; weekly and monthly accounts receivable items.
- Reconciles bank items in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interfaces with customers by telephone and/or correspondence to respond to and resolve customer concerns.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all customer interactions and maintains production levels and quality goals.
- Performs other duties as required.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain production levels and quality goals.
- Customer service and/or team experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Required to pass a battery of job-related tests administered prior to employment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Prior accounting and/or reconciliation related experience preferred.
- Related customer service experience preferred.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational aptitude and high attention to details.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills; skilled at developing andmaintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and a sense of urgency when dealing withcustomers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task well.
- Must be able to absorb and apply new and changing information.
- Possess ability to maintain production levels and quality goals.
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
Job: Administrative Support Workers
Primary Location: Bismarck, ND, US
Organization: 10750 - Service Center - Central Admin
Job Posting: 2013-01-15 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310038
Coventry Health Care - 18 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...