Prepares dishroom and dish machine for daily use; cleans and puts away all dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other equipment at each meal; maintains cleanliness of dish machine, dishroom and related equipment.
Cleans and maintains floors, tables, chairs and equipment in dining hall, service and ancillary areas including sweeping, mopping, stripping and refinishing resilient flooring; cleans and sanitizes food holding equipment; maintains cleanliness of windows, screens, lanais, storerooms and other related areas as directed.
Responsible for training and supervising student workers and volunteers in procedures for both dishroom and food services operations. Directs and oversees student workers and volunteers to insure duties are performed safely and efficiently.
Sets up and services hot food stations and milk dispensers for each meal; assists in informing cooks when hot line food supplies are running low; maintains neatness of hot food station areas.
Assist baker, cook I and pantry with the preparation of food items according to recipes or normal culinary procedures as directed for meals and special functions.
Transports by truck food supplies, equipment and staff necessary for regular and special functions both on and off campus. Occasionally drives off campus to pick up supplies from vendors. Loads and unloads food, supplies, and equipment to and from various sites and vehicles. Follows at all times safety procedures in all phases of operations including but not limited to driving, loading and unloading trucks, equipment usage, lifting, use of wet floor signs, timely clean-up of spills.
• Less than 6 months related work experience
• Ability to lift 35 pounds and push carts of up to 300 pounds.
• Willingness to drive or learn how to drive a large food service transporting vehicle safely(with training), to load, tie down and unload food equipment and to handle the electric gate lift . Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment.
• Ability to work all shifts which include evening and weekend work.
• Ability to follow directions and work independently as needed.
• Ability to work cohesively within a team to meet production and service standards.
Kamehameha Schools - 17 months ago
Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by Princess...