Intensive In-home Counselor (Essex County)
Full-time or Part-Time
Reports to the In-home Services Program Supervisor
Summary : The Intensive In-home Counselor plans and implements therapeutic counseling services for clients and their families. Serves as a role model for client and parents to learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors and serves as a liaison to community agencies.
- Develop initial needs assessments, individualized service plans, quarterly service plans, monthly progress reports, and discharge plans as well as maintain high quality and timely documentation of all case work
- Provide weekly individual and family counseling
- Provide case management and service coordination
- Provide 24-hour emergency response and crisis intervention as needed
- Lead/participate in staff training and/or seminar presentations as requested
- Master's degree in a human services field (social work, psychology, sociology, counseling) or special education plus one year of clinical experience working with children with mental illness
- Licensed perferred, but program offers license supervision at no cost to employee*
- Valid Driver's License and favorable driving record required (no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years; no more than 1 at-fault accident in the last 3 years; no DUIs in the last 5 years)
- 4 years ago - save job
Established in 1996, Intercept has helped countless at-risk youth and families to achieve success in their daily lives, while earning awards...