Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a per diem Hospice Aide to join our team of professionals serving the South and Jefferson County areas of St. Louis, Missouri. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care. Work hours will mostly be Saturday and Sunday (all three shifts), but may include week days also.
The Hospice Aide works under direct supervision of a registered nurse, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team, provide personal care for the patient and assist with activities of daily living.
1. Follows the interdisciplinary plan of care; be alert to the patient’s needs and concerns.
2. Provides personal care, including bathing, dressing, grooming, hair and nail care, oral hygiene, skin care, and foot care.
3. Assists patients in turning, sitting, standing, and ambulation, according to the plan of care.
4. Assists with elimination, including the facilitation of bedpans,and urinals, patient trips to the bathroom, routine Foley care, and enemas, according to the plan of care.
5. Assists patients with meals, when necessary.
6. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapeutic services, in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
7. Observes and report changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the Team Director or Primary RN.
8. May perform simple homemaking chores for the patient directly, meal preparation, and/or light housekeeping in the patient’s immediate area.
9. Completes required documentation in a timely manner.
10. Participates in continuing education programs.
11. Follows the policy of confidentiality regarding patients and families.
12. Demonstrates a compassionate attitude toward patients and families consistent with Seasons’ philosophy and mission.
13. Attends patient care conferences as requested by the Team Director.
14. Performs other related duties and special projects, as assigned.
1. Certified by the state(s) as a nurse’s aide, having completed a course and certified by the state.
2. Listed on the state aide registry with a clear record able to deliver care to patients in their own homes, nursing facilities, or hospitals.
3. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
4. A compassionate attitude toward the care of the sick; the ability to read, write and carry out directions, maturity; and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
5. Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
6. Preferrably living in the South County or Jefferson County area.
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care....