Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Administrative Assistant located in San Ramon, CA through February 6, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
This position primarily provides administrative support to the Manager, Law Function Administration. It also supports the Manager, Law IT and Law Function HR Business Partner as necessary. The administrative assistant in this position is expected to perform with a high level of independence, initiative, discretion, accuracy and attention to detail. The administrative assistant in this position serves as an integral communications link between executive staff, Law Managers and General Counsels throughout the global Law Function as well as with external law firms and agencies. Customer focus and professionalism is critical in order to effectively deal with both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Coordinates logistics and agendas for meetings and conferences
- Handles special projects as requested, including participating in the Chevron Law Function Executive Committee meetings and supporting the Vice President and General Counsel of Chevron as necessary
- Coordinates domestic and international travel logistics. Prepares detailed itineraries and provides background information for meetings and trips. Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Screens calls and researches inquiries
- Reviews incoming correspondence and e-mail
- Composes correspondence
- Manages calendar in Outlook
- Effectively represents those supported and maintains strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters and information
- Maintains effective networks with the Chevron Law Function Executive Committee and throughout Chevron and outside organizations
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years executive assistant experience or minimum of 5 years secretarial/administrative experience
- Advanced skill with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to handle all activities with high confidentiality and high level of initiative and independence
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization and to effectively convey ideas
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, often under changing circumstances. Strong organizational skills are crucial.
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrated good judgment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexibility with work schedule
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Chevron - 4 years ago
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...