Promotoras(es) de Salud – Las Vegas
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
empowers individuals and families in the communities we serve to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health by providing high quality health services, comprehensive sex education and strategic advocacy.
Job Description: The role of the Promotoras de Salud volunteer is to network with their community members, deliver educational presentations within their community, and refer community members and program participants to Planned Parenthood or appropriate social service agencies for assistance, if needed. This is a non-paid, volunteer position.
Responsible To : Las Vegas Community Education Staff
Qualifications: Must speak Spanish fluently. Detail oriented with strong organization and communication skills. Ability to work in a flexible environment. Proven community leadership and an ability to talk about sexuality issues.
Time Commitment: On going
Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide one-on-one and group educational presentations and information based on community need
- Work directly with Promotoras Program Manager to identify and fulfill needs within the Latino community
- Attend trainings on a regular basis for program development, facilitation skills and curricula implementation
- Special projects as assigned
- Assisting with other relevant administrative tasks
Planned Parenthood - 9 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...