We' have an immediate opening for an Assistant News Director at KGO Radio.
The Assistant News Director reports to KGOs Operations Manager, supervising coverage of daily news, features and special projects for KGO 810 News and information station.
The Assistant News Director will provide editorial direction to a team of reporters, editors, producers and online professionals. The Assistant New Director will also develop editorial strategies and plans for managing workflow for broadcast, web and social media platforms.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure professional journalistic standards and compliance;
- Develop and maintain a consistent news brand;
- Be responsible for day-to-day and long-range planning;
- Provide and coordinate training for new hires;
- Act as liaison to Cumulus SF business and accounting department;
The candidate must have more than five years experience in broadcast news working with reporters, writers, editors and other news staff.
Cumulus offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Supplement Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter expense reimbursement program
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
We are not able to consider any submissions which do not include all of the requested information.
- A cover letter stating your interest in the position;
- Your desired salary;
- A complete and current resume, with no unexplained time gaps.
Submissions can be sent:
No phone calls, please!
- by email to: SFRadio.Jobs@cumulus.com. Please put "Assistant News Director, KGO 810" in the subject line
- by fax to: 415-995-7029
- by mail to: Cumulus San Francisco, 55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94105
Cumulus San Francisco maintains a drug-free work environment and is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ActiveHire - 10 months ago