Position Description: Development & Marketing Associate
India Community Center (ICC) seeks a skilled, resourceful, and motivated individual to assist in its fundraising and marketing efforts. Reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing Director, the Development & Marketing Associate will provide administrative support in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of both individual and institutional donors. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of staff, donors, board, and patrons, while helping the organization build its grant-seeking capability. The associate will also being heavily involved in ICC’s marketing strategy and implementation, help update content on the website, social media outreach, create program flyers, etc.
- Support fundraising initiatives relating to annual fund, capital campaign, events, major donor cultivation and stewardship activities
- Update content on ICC website, manage social media, newsletters/press releases and other external communication efforts
- Create marketing flyers and other printed materials
- Maintain donor database including gifts entry/acknowledgment, imports, updating all donor contact information, working with finance department to reconcile records, etc.
- Invoice donors and sponsors as required
- Prospect research
- Identify grant-seeking opportunities and developing proposals; liaise with other organizations to leverage partnership opportunities when possible
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with major donors for Executive Director, Director of Development and Board Members as needed; provides briefing information for the appropriate solicitor, and proposals as needed; follows up with actions and entries for the fundraising database, and provides reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of work experience preferably in communications or fundraising; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Willingness to learn fundraising principles, techniques, and ethics; understanding of nonprofit environments
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload, maintain several projects of equal priority at once, and sustain productivity and accuracy under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; knowledge of fundraising databases or Salesforce preferred
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop preferred
- High level administrative and interpersonal skills; good research, planning, analytical, problem solving, organizational skills; strong follow-through
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; flexibility; sense of humor
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment, resourcefulness, and initiative
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and members of the general public
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for events or deadlines
- Knowledge of Indian culture and the Bay Area community a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is 40 hours a week with benefits.
Please send a letter outlining your qualifications and interest along with resume to Shanthi Asokan, HR Manager, at email@example.com .
OpportunityKnocks.org - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
ICC has a significant focus on Community service such as free Legal, Medical, and Career clinics, and extensive Senior programs. ICC has...