Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of
environmental, energy and industrial services serving
over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500
companies, thousands of smaller private entities and
numerous federal, state, provincial and local
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors
has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste
management facilities, throughout North America in 37
U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. The Company also operates international locations
in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits
including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee
Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work
environment and require a pre-employment drug screen.
All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security
background checks, and some positions may require
pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic maintains/repairs heavy
equipment within the facility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
following policies, processes, and acting in a safe
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by
manner at all times.
as backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift,
- Operates one of the following pieces of equipment such
trackhoe, excavator, roll off truck, forklifts, pick up
trucks, box trucks, tractors, and/or tankers.
performing and documenting daily safety check prior to
- Operates a forklift as necessary- Responsible for
operation of the unit being operated.
- Completes daily checklist as required for proper
and communicates any problems or issues with the unit
- Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed
immediately upon discovery.
Service (removes keys).
- Assures unit is never operated when been tagged Out of
- Reviews all applicable SOP’s and scores satisfactorily
required for tracking PM schedules.
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as
to work/repairs, i.e. chockblocks, jackstands.
- Assures that all Equipment is properly secured prior
compliance with facility permit and DOT requirements.
- Assures that Equipment is properly parked in
Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and
specific permit required compliance standards.
- Ensures, understands and has ownership for area
to time by management and will be required by the needs
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management.
- Understands Clean Compliance Standards
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time
of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and complexity of the work being
performed by personnel assigned to this classification,
and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks,
duties, and responsibilities required of personnel
assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or
restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School Education or equivalent.
1-2 Years of equipment operating experience.
- State or local license requirements.
- DOT training.
one of the following units: backhoe, heavy duty crane,
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrates complete proficiency in maintaining of
heavy duty forklift, trackhoe, excavator, roll off
truck, forklifts, pick up trucks, box trucks, tractors,
periods of time, lifting (add weight or item), climbing
- Requirements for standing, sitting for extended
a ladder, entering confined spaces, working in extreme
heat conditions, safely jumping on and off equipment,
20/20 eye sight (corrective eye sight accepted), ability
to pass test and wear respirator, ability to climb in
and out of manhole.
pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and
- Requires color determination lifting, grasping,
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, crawling,
- Requires speaking, climbing, near vision acuity, or
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer
# of Openings : 1
Req. Code : 27499
Offer Relocation : No
Clean Harbors Environmental Services - 15 months ago