Systems Engineer - Education Practice
As a Systems Engineer you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and pains.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Working with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities
- Planning and implementing, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction
- Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Detecting and describing the customer's business needs; obtains confirmation from customer
- Identifying appropriate applications, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts
- Preparing prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis
- Developing and presenting customized demonstrations for accounts
- Developing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars
- Developing familiarity with Institute sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models
- Performing other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field; with
- 5 years of experience in technical sales, technical support, and/or information systems.
- Minimum one year of SAS programming
- Public speaking experience and presentation experience.
- Ability to travel as business needs require (limited travel).
- Work location of Cary, NC.
- Knowledge of industry or market segments or detailed knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise
- Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS System tools
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Travel as business requirements dictate (50%).
- VA/BI/DI Skills
- Experience writing statements of work and overseeing and contributing responses for technical RFPs, RFI's.
- Experience with SAS products such as: SAS Enterprise Guide, Visual Data Discovery, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Dataflux.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS Institute Inc.
Feb 19, 2013, 5:30:57 PM
SAS Institute - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Don't talk back to this company about business intelligence. SAS (pronounced "sass") specializes in software used for...