Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway is currently looking for a Pastry Cook to join the team.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Provide stellar customer service to internal and external customers and vendors including participation in and promotion of customer service programs to continuously improve customer service.
- Prepares and bakes cakes, cookies, pies, puddings, or desserts, according to recipe.
- Measures/Scales ingredients, using measuring cup, spoons and both digital and balance scales.
- Mixes ingredients to form dough or batter, using electric mixer or beats and stirs ingredients by hand.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies, and fancy pastries, using pie dough roller and cookie cutters or by hand.
- Adjusts fans or thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperatures.
- Prepares and cooks ingredients for pie fillings, puddings, custards, icings or other desserts per the recipes.
- Proficient at making/baking pie crusts and building fruit and cream pies
- Follows appropriate food handling procedures to ensure safe, quality products.
- Maintain freshness of food items by rotating items as needed and maintaining items at appropriate temperatures avoiding the danger zone.
- Ensure supplies and products are stocked as needed including ensuring that supplies are stocked for the next shift.
- Follow company procedures for preparing recipes and products
- Safe and efficient use of all kitchen equipment from hand tools to motorized equipment. This includes putting tools back where they belong and respecting all company property.
- Perform tasks efficiently and safely to ensure an attractive and safe physical appearance of working areas including cleaning and sanitizing all areas and removal of pots, pans, utensils, dishes, debris, litter and cleaning floors. Keeping all areas free of safety hazards and reporting inconsistencies to the direct supervisor immediately.
- Assist in operation of other food and beverage venues as needed.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
- Any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
- Must complete county health department class and attain certification.
- Exhibit knife skills, classic cuts and sharpening.
- Fill orders submitted by other departments accurately and efficiently.
- Meet department uniform, appearance, and grooming requirements.
Something to leave you with:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Culinary training preferred and/or a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for assigned function.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral communication skills and ability to understand and follow directions
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our team members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 19 months ago
Overland Park, KS
- 30+ days ago
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Kansas City, MO
Hospitality Online, Inc.
- 13 days ago