Job Category: Software Engineering: Creative
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 829398-105877
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Microsoft Studios’ Halo team is looking for a Technical Artist to help the team breathe life into a new Halo experience. Proven ability to creatively and collaboratively solve a variety of technical issues is essential. The ideal candidate has an eye for quality and is able to own and drive both team support and process improvements in their focus area. If you are a top talent looking for an exciting, high profile project to challenge you, this is where you need to be.
Act as a technical art expert for the content teams. This includes handling all aspects of producing prototypes, creating exemplar assets to set quality levels and define best practice.
Grow and maintain the art pipeline and extending the group’s capabilities by providing tools, training and documentation to artists.
Collaborate with other discipline leads across teams to evaluate production issues. Remove technical blockages by defining and delivering tools, assets or training to our team or partners.
Maintain high level of familiarity with industry-standard tools, modern research and novel techniques for content creation.
Help make strategic technology decisions around the studio pipeline.
Set and monitor content standards around memory and performance.
Collaborate with other members of the technical art team to support broader studio initiatives.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience
- Technical passion and drive to discover understand and communicate learning’s with others.
- Strong communication skills for working across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills.
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive & works well under deadlines.
- A proactive detail oriented problem solver who demonstrates a strong sense of artistic and technical creativity and respect for aesthetics.
- Generalist knowledge and production experience in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, dynamics and particle systems.
- A high level of expertise with at least one of the leading 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DSMax, Softimage, Houdini, MotionBuilder) as well as experience with leading image manipulation tools (e.g. Photoshop, After Effects or Nuke).
- Require experience with one or more scripting languages (eg. Python, MEL, Jscript).
- Experience with one or more programming languages preferred (eg. C#, C++)
- At least four years of experience in either the game or film industries on shipped titles.
*To consider similar job openings within Microsoft Game Studios on MS Career, use keyword: Microsoft Studios
Microsoft - 12 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...