This position is the primary sales position in the Branch organization responsible for selling service
work. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing
TAC customers to identify the scope of work, estimate and sell system adds/modifications and
maintenance agreements so as to meet or exceed his/her booking and booked gross margin budgets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with new or existing TAC customers
- Prospect for and identify potential service sales opportunities
- Prioritize service sales opportunities to determine in what order service sales opportunities need to
installation subcontract bid packages and obtain subcontract quotations to be used in the cost
- Perform take-off and estimate costs of prospective service sales opportunities
- Determine installation labor requirements and if they exceed in house capabilities develop
Bid Bonds, Affidavits, etc.
- Analyze customer needs and develop maintenance plan options for proposal to customer
- Develop and implement sales strategies and tactics for individual service sales opportunities
- Prepare sales quotations and proposals
- Identify and cause to be prepared all necessary bid and proposal documents, e.g.: Bid Forms,
subcontract quotations, sketches, notes and approved sales estimates for delivery to Service
- Prepare and submit required Booking Authorization forms or Service Order forms
- Obtain, assemble and organize all bid documents, proposal documents, take-offs, material and
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
- Make calls as required to collect receivables
- Other duties may be assigned
primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education,
experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Three years technical sales experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those
- Excellent organizational skills.
- TAC product knowledge a plus, but not required.
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The work is sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However,
there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer,
paper, books, luggage and small parts; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather
conditions, traveling from one location to another.
Schneider Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical powe...