Do you possess an appetite for destruction? |
Cloudmark is looking for Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) who enjoy delivering bad news to programmers. Our testing team members come from a variety of backgrounds: software development, network engineering, system administration, white-box software testing, and computer security. Your primary responsibility will be to find and report bugs and design flaws in our software before it is released to our customers.
Being able to read, write, and debug C code is a non-negotiable prerequisite for this position.
Cloudmark is a profitable, privately-held company that produces high performance messaging security solutions to the world°s largest ISPs, mobile operators and social networks.
We offer competitive wages, an annual bonus program, and stock options. Cloudmark employees work hard while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
This position is based in the SOMA district of San Francisco. We are located next to a Muni Metro station, close to Cal-Train, and 10 minutes by Muni from BART.
Qualifications – Required
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, system programmer, software developer, system administrator, developer support engineer, or sales engineer, working in a Unix environment
- Unix environment C debugging and profiling tools (gdb, prof, gprof, gmon)
- Unix mail transfer agent (MTA) administration (sendmail, postfix, exim)
- Unix network monitoring (netstat, tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Unix system profiling (oprofile, SystemTap, dtrace, lockstat)
- Bash shell scripting
- Constructing regular expressions
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications – Preferred
- Software testing experience
- Performance and scalability testing experience
- Protocol testing experience
- Python programming experience
- Perl programming experience
- Network and Unix security experience
- A bachelors or masters degree in science or engineering
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Cloudmark - 12 months ago