Position: Editorial Assistant/ Internet Researcher
Location: Cambridge, MA (Central Square)
Start Date: Immediate Opening
**this is an entry-level position with the opportunity for in-company advancement**
JoVE (www.jove.com) is a young, rapidly growing company in the scientific publishing industry. The company publishes the leading PubMed-indexed video journal with the mission of increasing productivity and reproducibility within biological, medical, chemical and physical research. Our approach to scientific publishing has been adopted at leading universities and biotech companies in USA, Europe and Asia. So far JoVE has published over 2,400 video articles produced at laboratories of top research institutions such as Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Yale, NIH and other leaders.
We are currently looking for bright, self-motivated, hard-working individuals for entry-level positions.
Overview: Assist an Associate Editor in day-to-day tasks to increase efficiency of workflow and bring in new content.
- Identify and contact potential authors under the guidance of an editor
- Send initial emails to leads that are custom tailored to specific research
- Schedule call appointments
- Researching for various projects
- B.A./B.S. in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental science, geology or physics; a combination is strongly preferred. Candidates with a Master's degree or Ph. D. will not be considered.
- Previous research experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to write and speak native English
- Ability to work independently once given a project and a direction
- Knowledge of the research and publishing processes an advantage
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Daytime availability of 40 hours per week
- Must be detail-oriented
If qualified, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are an exceptional candidate to:
careers (at) jove (dot) com
You will not be considered unless you have a Bachelor's degree in one of the science concentrations listed above.
We're making the biggest change to scientific publishing in 350 years - Come help us do it!