Requisition ID: 61348
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Location: Richmond, KY
- Closing Date: February 20, 2013
The Blue Grass Chemical Demilitarization project has long term opportunities. Design completed in 2010, Construction is expected to last through January 2015 followed by Systemization, Plant Operations and Closure. This project office is located in the city of Richmond, KY with a construction site located approx 5 miles away on the Blue Grass Army Depot.
Work location: Blue Grass project in Richmond, KY. Unescorted access required to the Chemical Limited area. Candidate must successfully clear National Agency Check (NAC); all employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to work safely at a construction site.
This Senior Safety Specialist/Engineer I position assists in the integration of specialized safety requirements into the planning, permitting, design, and construction of Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) project. The position also interprets specialized requirements, evaluates and applies specialized scientific principles, and formulates scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving the project’s objectives. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance to other Safety Services Specialists/Engineers and may be assigned as a safety lead or safety coordinator/inspector. This position reports to the BGCAPP Project Safety Services Supervisor and will likely involve night shift work.
Principle responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support to safety studies, health assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
- Coordinates appropriate consideration of safety requirements with subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel as assigned.
- Provides safety technical support and assistance to projects and coordinates safety requirements and formulation of risk reduction measures with project-assigned safety personnel, engineering, construction and onsite S&H representatives during construction.
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
- Drafts comprehensive S&H plans, project specific risk reduction plans, Activity Hazard Analyses (AHA’s) safety awareness training programs, and technical reports.
- Provides recommendations and input for revising safety procedures, work processes, and other quality improvement measures.
- Conducts safety inspections/assessments of project construction activities to monitor compliance with applicable safety and health requirements including contractual commitments, permits, and the project’s Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and associated procedures.
- Right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or a cognate degree from an accredited college or university and 6 years of progressive experience.
- In Lieu of a degree 12 years of professional progressive work experience.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Experience working with DOD and Army safety and health requirements
- Possesses professional ES&H certification from an accredited organization
- Chemical demilitarization experience or experience on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manager projects and familiarity with EM-385-1-1.
- Knowledge of/experience with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
During operations, in approximately 2016, this project will be subject to the Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety) which governs persons performing work under the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements such as respirators may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a PRP or UAP position requires US citizenship.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 19 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...