As the leader of the management team, the Store Manager has ultimate responsibility over operation and performance of one, multi-million dollar store location. The Store Manager is a leader who exercises judgment and uses discretion to solve problems, make informed decision and manage wisely. Responsibilities include driving sales and customer service; ensuring proper merchandising standards, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, managing the associate experience and handling personnel issues. A Store Manager is a role model and must manage the workforce and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
Focus of Position:
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among staff, building strong teams and partnerships through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by taking ownership and pride in the company and getting things done.
- Ensure team is deliver excellent customer service while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
Skills and Competencies:
- Manage the performance of Assistant Store Managers and Associates using established Company policies and standards including but not limited to those outlined in the company’s Core Values, the Associate Handbook as well as merchandising and operational SOP’s
- Recruit and hire the most qualified applicants to meet the store's needs.
- Ensure that the management team is providing all associates with proper orientation, training and coaching to maximize the associate and customer experience and drive sales
- Provide leadership and guidance to the management team in solving problems that affect the store's service, efficiency, and productivity
- Coordinate merchandise placement, sales promotion activities and pricing of merchandise through communication and coaching of the Merchandise Managers and Merchandising Team
- Review and audit operational processes, reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, monitor store profitability, and manage payroll budgets
- Ensure the CSLM and receiving team are reviewing paperwork pertaining to receiving, transfers, debits/damages, returns-to-vendor (RTV's), and charge-backs to headquarters in order to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Work closely with team of Assistant Store Managers to ensure proper scheduling guidelines and best practices are being following in order to maximize the available workforce
- Actively address any associate relations issues and ensure all Human Resources and employment policies are being followed within the store
- Proactively communicate with the Regional Support team and Store Assistant Managers to build partnerships that help achieve greater results
- Ensure that adequate security exists and that physical facilities comply with safety codes and ordinances
- Safeguard company assets by properly securing the facility and all areas containing sensitive or highly confidential information
- Any other tasks when necessary
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to develop and train work force, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 22 months ago
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.