For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Construction, Operations & Maintenance Jobs in Alaska
In the arctic and subarctic regions of the world, our Alaska group provides construction operations and maintenance services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Our experienced workforce and proven systems enable us to anticipate, avoid, and remove risk in the dynamic arctic environment, ensuring safe, cost-effective, and environmentally sound project delivery. Your job in the Alaska Energy and Chemical group is your opportunity to join a highly trained and engaged workforce working to meet the global demand for fuel. Are you ready?
Description and Desired Qualifications
The position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule. Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided; however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided. Room and meals are provided while in Prudhoe Bay.
Assist Electrical Journeyman in setup and performance of job tasks
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for use and care for the tools and equipment commonly employed in industrial construction such as hydraulic/electric benders, knockout punch sets, cable puller, meggers, hi-pot equipment, volt meters, multi-tester and ammeters and other electrical parts
- Assists Journeyman with maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation and construction of industrial electrical equipment and systems found in an industrial or commercial environment through the proper use of standard wire, conduit, fittings and hardware commonly found in industrial plants
- Assists Journeyman while learning to bend, cut, thread and install current conduit
- Helps Journeyman install and terminate wiring
- Test and troubleshoot simple electric circuits and electrical devices and machinery
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed
- Possesses current knowledge of electrical apprentice and organizational practices Attend electrical training and workshops required by organization Written and oral communications applicable to standards set by organization
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job, specific to, and intended for, CH2MHILL Greater Prudhoe Bay projects only and may or may not reflect general duties and responsibilities on other CH2MHILL projects. This description should not be construed as a complete listing of all duties that may be required.
- Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 12 lbs from floor to above head/crown level with a 12 second interval Repetitively lift 30 lbs from floor to knuckles x 10 self-paced but continuous with 12 second intervals between each lift
- Carry Test: Carry 40 lbs with two hands for 50 feet x 2; self-paced, but continuous; (allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests, i.e. after 50 feet.)
- Climb Stairs: Climb up and down 12 steps x 10 for a total of 120 steps; self-paced, but continuous, (allow 60 second rest breaks after each up and down climb of 40 steps)
- Lift, Carry and Climb: While carrying 35 lbs in one hand and holding onto a railing with the other hand for safety, walk up and down 12 steps x 2 for a total of 24 steps; self-paced but continuous, (allow 60 second rest break 12 steps up and down.)
- Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 15 rungs x 6 for a total of 90 rungs (allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down each set of 30 rungs
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
CH2M HILL will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements (listed above) of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Negative results in a drug test
- Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) via completion of modules
- High School diploma or equivaletn (GED) required
- Currently enrolled in the ABC Apprenticeship program required
- Current and valid Alaska State Fitness Certificate as a Journeyman Electrician required
- Valid driver's license including ability to be insured by CH2M Hill's auto insurer required
- Employee will be required to provide his/her own tools
- Electrical experience or an Associate's degree with electrical experience is preferred
- Three (3) years in the area of industrial or petrochemical work is preferred
High School or GED
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At CH2M, we love to take on our clients' most complex infrastructure and natural resource problems, creating new pathways for human...