Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), program management, and acquisition support solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently looking for a mid-level Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Washington, D.C.
- Administer enterprise-level Linux systems for development, test, and production environments using VMWare, VSphere, and VCloud
- Install new and/or rebuild and maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards, policies, project and operational requirements, and licensing agreements
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure or add new services as necessary
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as needed. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Provide Tier III and other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users/groups
- Maintain and update installation and configuration procedures and documentation. Research and recommend innovative approaches for improving system administration tasks.
Other Qualifications :
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience); technical majors such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred
- Good knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or later; certification(s) desired
- Experience with VMWare 4.x/5.x, VSphere and VCloud strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to devise creative technical solutions
- Able to manage competing priorities, working both independently and as part of a team
- Able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance – 100% Company-Paid Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance – Paid Time Off - Educational Assistance - Training and Career Development – 401k Retirement Plan with Company Matching Contribution
Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a proud member of the Raytheon AWIPS Team, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT) and...