Effectively direct and supervise the activities of all Coffee Shop personnel. To achieve the sales and profit goals established for the department. To ensure work shifts of all department employees contribute to the best financial interests of the store.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code, enforcing grooming standards throughout the department
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Practice creative merchandising
- Display leadership and motivational qualities.
- Keep coolers and other displays fully stocked and faced at all times according to tag allocation, product movement, and department standards.
- Sign and display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature and duties of every staff position in the department including procedures, policies and operations.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned. Ensure that all subordinate department personnel do likewise.
- Maintain cleanliness of counters, cases, coolers, and work areas on a continuous basis.
- Create a daily To Do list for employees. Ensure tasks are completed to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of inventory, quality assurance, invoices, etc. according to company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Wait on customers and maintain high Customer Service 1 st programs.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and honestly represent the quantities and contents of each product.
- Handle customer concerns.
- Work for combination ‘plus,’ and suggestive sales and utilize the intercom according to company standards.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Program.
- Ensure that all sales are properly recorded into department registers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures with regards to Lean Accounting.
- Notify store manager promptly of any problems with the register.
- Record all shift hours worked in the Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Achieve established benchmarks by working with a ‘sense of urgency’.
- Honestly keep breaks and lunches within the prescribed limits. Ensure that all department employees do likewise.
- Oversee weekly schedules written for the Coffee Shop written by Select a Schedule, maintaining budgeted guidelines.
- Control department supply expenses according to set budgets.
- Control excessive use of supplies.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify deliveries to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition. Report any discrepancies immediately.
- Order merchandise and maintain inventory control to minimize out of stocks and over stocks, to maximize sales and turnover, and to ensure quality product.
- Take products to preparation or storage areas.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Perform scan audits as directed to ensure inventory control.
- Ensure that all department personnel accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write-offs in accordance with company policies.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates and pull out of code merchandise, and scan out shrink with CAO guns daily.
- Conduct inventories on a scheduled basis.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) and the Fresh Insights Program.
Maintenance and Safety
- Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickups in accordance with such policy.
- Take action to control shrinkage. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer and employee actions and behavior. Report to store manager or person in charge any abnormal behavior.
- Ensure that all department registers and equipment have been secured prior to personnel leaving such equipment unattended.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures and ensure that all department personnel do also.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Ensure floors are clean and sanitized according to state, and federal health regulations and company policy.
- Follow planned program of maintenance on cases, back room coolers, and other Coffee Shop equipment.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance.
- Ensure that all department equipment is correctly used and maintained in good working order.
- Immediately advise store manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Successful completion of Starbucks New Hire Program.
Successful completion of Starbucks Management Training Program
Desired Previous Job Experience:
3 years prior retail or food service experience.
AST or Barista Certification
Submit your resume and interest through the Career Builder web-site in addition to an on-line application. The on-line application can be found at www.frysfood.com . Look for Careers at the bottom of the page and select store opportunities.
Application must be received by Friday January 25th, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Please Post on Bulletin Board
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion"
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...