This newly created role will play an instrumental part in setting up and establishing the Land group in BG US Services. The incumbent will primarily be the point person for determining the asset ownership of the company and for contributing operator oversight for the companys significant level of ownership.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
- Executes the company-designed process that researches, ascertains and provides data and reports and provides land-technical expertise for managing the companys assets.
- Performs a due diligence role with the aim of documenting the companys ownership and uncovering and recommending solutions to issues that affect the companys ownership.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in the negotiation and preparation of contracts, agreements and assignments.
- Demonstrates technical expertise with the review of title exams and leads the curative actions necessary to provide clear title to the companys ownership.
- Coordinates the maintenance of all land files.
- Coordinates the mapping function of the companys assets.
- Monitors and disseminates relevant land activities to Land and the broader Asset team.
- Recommends land acquisition/divestiture strategies to management
- Maintains technical familiarity with regulatory compliance matters.
- Works closely with the joint venture partner to foster a harmonious and productive working environment.
- Undertakes the duty to themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered at all times.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
Specialist Knowledge, Languages, Skills and Attributes:
Previous experience in a green field operation with sufficient know-how to recommend processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Land Management
- Experience working in a joint venture environment is preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of all aspects of onshore land activities including land ownership, land titles, lease agreement, lease trades and contracts
- Specific knowledge of shale E&P not required but preferred
- Working knowledge of Excalibur land system a distinct advantage land data management systems is a critical skillset; knowledge of Excalibur preferred.
- Participated in due diligence projects in the acquisition and divestiture of land
Additional Information for External Candidates
- Energy Land Management Degree or equivalent degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007
- Able to run with tasks under direct supervision in a broad-based, due diligence-focused role
- Persuasive, likeable and fair
- Able to influence in a positive, pragmatic manner
- Enjoys cultivating and managing key relationships, particularly with joint venture partners
- Able to promote the Land Team internally in order to raise its profile in BG Group
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
BG Group values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that after the closing date you will no longer be able to apply for the vacancy. The specific time of closing is midnight UK time on the date displayed. BG Group also reserves the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date without prior notice.
The BG in BG Group stands for British Gas, but BG Group exploits not only gas assets but also oil, in 25 countries. In addition to...