The duties of this position are as follows:
• Manage NOAA support programs leveraging a comprehensive set of technical resources and facilities.
• Fulfill all responsibilities associated with being Wyle’s primary Program representative to the NOAA customer.
• Understand and respond to programmatic and technical customer’s strategic and tactical requirements.
• Provide day to day management of activities, operations, and process in accordance with plans, policies and objectives. Establish and provide team direction, follow-up as necessary to ensure team and individuals are meeting commitments
• Develop, monitor, and recommend strategic plans to support contract requirements and emerging customer needs. Monitor innovations/ improvements for success in contract execution.
• Make overall operational decisions regarding deployment of resources among technical organizational elements. Provide management/inputs in selection, training, and performance of assigned and/or matrixed personnel
• Manage development of task order staffing plan, technical approach and cost proposals. Upon award, oversee resources, and project execution; comply with all reporting requirements.
• Support business development activities within the broader NOAA/Earth Sciences market. Gather data on business opportunities/developing technical markets, support capture activities, and assist with proposals and Task Order development and delivery.
• Interface with customers on a consistent basis to ensure that team is meeting expectations, modify plan/processes in order to successfully meet customer(s) requirements. Implement customer satisfaction process, reporting and response; ensure metrics are captured and reported. Lead investigations for corrective actions/nonconformances
• Oversee preparation of, and participating in, presentation of monthly internal program reviews and status reports
• Assist with defining staffing needs, recruitment, retention and development.
• Know and adhere to company policies, procedures, and work rules and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
• Responsible for compliance with company Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Responsible for compliance with company Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
Required Education and Experience:
• BS in physical sciences or equivalent degree or related technical field with a minimum of 15 years of applicable experience, Masters +10 years, or PhD +8 years.
• Minimum 10 years prior experience in a senior program management role and prior NOAA project, task or delivery-order management experience.
• Experience in NWS & NESDIS operation.
• Understanding of NOAA acquisitions.
• Experience in weather, forecasting and satellite programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrable success in technical, cost and schedule execution in major program(s)
• Demonstrable success in building and leading multi-institutional teams and diverse teams of personnel
• Demonstrable experience in both strategic and tactical planning and execution
• Demonstrated excellence in planning, directing, and managing multiple science programs/operations
• Working knowledge, experience administering, and managing multiple tasks along with substantial science programs similar in size and scope
• Successful management, supervision of employees of various labor categories
• Knowledge of weather and satellite operation.
• Knowledge of NOAA’s lines of business.
• Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
• Effective negotiating skills (reviewing technical documentation, negotiating changes)
• Strong and effective written communication skills for reports, analysis, and e-mails
• Knowledge with requirements development, documentation, and control
• Fluent in the use of MS Office products.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Applicant must include desired salary in application submission.
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
Physical & Cognitive Requirements:
• Speaking: Verbal communication using the English language.
• Written Communication: Produce written work using the English language.
• Organization: Prioritize multiple, competing assignments.
• Performance Level: Perform effectively in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
• Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computers and other office electronics.
• Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
• Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, lift, pull and push.
• Travel Requirement: Must be willing to travel as necessary to meet business needs.
Wyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
This position is eligible for the internal recruiting incentive program. Wyle employees referring a candidate should complete the Wyle Applicant Referral Form (HR-08) and submit to human resources.
Wyle Laboratories is wild about the technical expertise it offers. The firm provides engineering, testing, life cycle management, clinical...