Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract more than 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
About AOL Business, Technology and Entertainment Group
Our group includes some of the Internet's most trusted and best-known brands. In technology, we bring audiences the most important news from Silicon Valley and beyond with our powerhouse brands, Engadget and TechCrunch. We entertain audiences with Moviefone, the No. 3 movie site on the Internet. Our group of music blogs includes country music's No. 1 blog, The Boot, and the authority on heavy metal, Noisecreep, all under the banner of Aol Music. We are the authority on business news at DailyFinance, as well as leaders in travel, job and real estate news, information and listings. Aol Autos is the clear leader in automotive search and news and Autoblog is the site for car enthusiasts. Every day, we deliver news and information to millions of consumers and help them make decisions on everything from the cars they buy to the movies they watch.
Role & Responsibilities
As Senior Editor Travel, you will report to the Aol Travel Editor in Chief and you will work closely with the Associate Editor. You will be responsible for updating the site daily with fresh news, features and video, optimizing web traffic through search engine optimization, promoting content on social media and growing AOL Travel's community.
Acquire, edit, publish and promote content-specific blogs and original content.
Implement SEO best practices on all article pages and content packages; work with SEO support teams at Aol to build audiences; serve as SEO support to other brands in the Business group as necessary.
Manage calendar as it relates to your site -- creating season-based articles and packages showcasing specific themes, topics and concepts
Maintain all sections of AOL Travel -- updating frequently with fresh content
Work with Travel Associate Editor and Editor in Chief to execute slideshows, video production and writing projects
Support needs of Editor in Chief.
Cover travel-related events when appropriate for your site and write about them
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years experience
- Must be a strong writer AND editor/copy editor
- Required to have strong background in SEO and social media best practices.
- Must have a strong interest in and prior knowledge of travel journalism
- Ability to analyze traffic data and track metrics, and respond to them on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of HTML, Photoshop and blog publishing platforms.
- Basic understanding of video editing and production processes to support visual storytelling components of the site.
- Must be an organized, self-motivated and thrive in a team environment
- Endless energy and ideas for high-quality, reliable content, and exceptional drive to maximize its visibility through all audience development tools.
AOL - 13 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...