Under general supervision, the medical technologist is accountable for performing a variety of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. This essential position ensures timely and accurate laboratory testing and reports. The medical technologist is valued for strong attention to detail, the ability to problem solve, proficiency and technical knowledge, and is a vital contributor in the diagnosis and treatment for patient care delivery.
Full time, 35 hours per week - 7on / 7 off graveyard position. Hours are 2100-0700.
Starting salary: $20.61/hour - benefits eligible.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist certification (American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT), Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT), Registered Medical Technologist (RMT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS))
- Ability to use laboratory systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- Effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person
- Lifting, Hearing and Listening, Manual dexterity, Motor Coordination, Seeing, Speaking, Standing
- Experience with laboratory information systems
- Experience in relevant areas of the clinical laboratory
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...