The Lifestyles Assistant is responsible for assisting in implementing a program of therapeutic recreational activities for the Assisted Living and Health Services residents. The Assistant will support an activity program fostering the basic concepts of wellness, to maintain residents at their maximum potential level of functioning. The program shall maintain a balance of recreational activities that facilitates physical and mental stimulation, including socialization, education, fitness, creative and performing arts, and crafts.
The following is a representative list of duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
1. Assists the Activity Director with conducting and documenting residents’ assessment; assists with: planning, scheduling, and implementation of a program of individual and group activities based on each resident’s schedule and needs.
2. Assists the Activity Director by completing the activity component of the resident assessment within 48 hours of admission; reviews and updates the program as necessary, but at least quarterly. Gathers data and documents required ancillary assessments including, but not limited to, resident assessment protocol summary documentation.
arries out program of activities, which provides entertainment, intercommunication, exercise, relaxation, and a diversion opportunity to express creative talent, fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs. Also provided availability to all residents.
4. Assists the Activities Director with organization and implantation of daily activities which include large and small group activities, evening & weekend functions, trips, specialized events, and individualized programs which may include room visits and in-room activities for residents who are unable to leave their rooms.
5. Assists in maintaining equipment in working and safe order; maintains activities room/area in neat order and in compliance with standards.
6. Assists the Activities Director with training and monitoring volunteers.
7. Participates in in-service education and training, and outside professional development as needed to keep in current in trends
8. Maintains documentation of interaction with residents and their families regarding the resident’s assessment and participation/attendance record and progress in activity program. Ensures the documentation meets required standards/regulations; and is timely.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to assist in the quality of each resident’s care.