Under supervision of the Production Services Manager, support the marketing and solicitation efforts of the Office of Development in list creation, print/production buying, and project coordination/execution. This position directly communicates with the staff within the Office of Development, including but not limited to the Yale Alumni Fund, Parents Fund, Reunion Giving, and Planned Giving. Direct communication with, and daily coordination of projects contracted with, internal and outside print production vendors is required. |
1. Provides high level administrative support for project team. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates administrative procedures and systems.
2. Serves as principal source of information to project team and impacted students, staff, and faculty on project activities.
3. Works with a variety of project management and spreadsheet software to maintain project timeline and track resource allocation, performance metrics and other project related information.
4. Communicates with project team as necessary to monitor and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
5. Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements to ensure compliance with budgetary parameters and guidelines.
6. Composes substantive correspondence and written material. Assists with communication of project status and other information as necessary.
7. Determines logistical needs for meetings, including developing and assembling meeting materials, arranging rooms, catering and transportation as necessary.
8. Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little of no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, experience using mail merge functionality. Willingness to learn new technologies, software, and processes.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Must have strong organizational skills, and take responsibility for his/her own workload; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under deadlines.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize relevant new applications and technologies as they become available.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team, and be consistent and reliable.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to manage a variety of tasks, and coordinate steps/resources
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
College degree or college-level coursework preferred; Knowledge of the University, and higher-education business; Proficiency in Darcy database.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...