Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
The Director of Project Management (PM) is responsible for the site PM function - providing leadership, coordination and operational management. The Director is responsible for: leading and delivering New Product Introductions, Technology Transfers into the site; strategy for building site Project Management capability and competency, and managing site PMs.
The Director of PM is a critical leadership role for the Winchester site. The incumbent is a member of the Site Leadership Team and has dual accountability into the Winchester site GM. The Director will partner with the site Leadership team to identify and prioritize customer funded project, proactive development programs; and deliver the portfolio on-time with quality.
The Director of PM is responsible for delivering quality products and solutions to customers by understanding product strategy and customer needs, Winchester and MRT business strategy, supporting the development of business cases, developing business requirements, and supporting product development and deployment. The role ensures business requirements are met, monitor project plans, manage budgets, align resources and manage change.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management for site Project Management Function, including direct line authority for PMs and matrix accountability for their cross-functional teams.
- Manage strategic planning and execution of the Winchester project portfolio; including customer driven (Fee for Service) and proactive Development programs.
- Represent Winchester in business unit / R&D project/portfolio reviews, management and R&D operating mechanisms, etc.
- Proactive role in building a robust pipeline of new products and technologies for site.
- Support the RFQ and BD process for Winchester site and represent site capabilities to customers. Assist with project proposals to determine technical requirements, timing, funding, and procedures for successful completion of projects.
- Optimize the allocation of resources to projects and managing sequencing to create maximum value for the site and MRT business unit.
- Ensure clear prioritization and execution of all projects in accordance with expectations in terms of milestone deliverables and budget.
- Conduct regular project reviews to assess progress and make adjustments to keep projects on track in terms of technical and quality deliverables, time-lines, and budget.
- Provide regular progress reports to management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for budget and resource planning and management for site PM function. Including staffing requirements, resource allocation and capability building.
- Build and lead a high-performing Project Management Team for Winchester site. Attract and retain high-caliber talent, maintain clear roles and responsibilities, and determine development requirements for the team members.
- Participate in the design and implementation of standard PM policies and processes such as Project Management systems.
- Assist in development of quality improvement programs that instill a consistent higher performing quality culture.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelors in science, engineering or related field.
- Advanced technical degree and/or MBA preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred; documented PM subject matter expertise required
- 10 -15+ years of experience in regulated industry; pharmaceutical preferred.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a PM team/function with successful track record of delivering projects on time with quality.
- Experience building and/or improving PM capability for a site or business unit.
- Product development and manufacturing experience is required
- Experience in both branded and generic pharmaceuticals is preferred
- Proven leadership and management abilities
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in Project Management (PMP certification preferred): 10+ years of related project/program management experience in manufacturing, technical operations, product development, and/or R&D project management
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills demonstrated for challenging client, complex interrelated or technically oriented projects.
- Must have experience managing customer interface; can document building and maintaining positive customer relationships
- Diversity of functional business experiences (e.g. client, operational, manufacturing systems, marketing, investments, customer service, R&D)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
- Experience in demonstrating leadership/influence and collaboration in a matrix-managed environment, and across multiple and diverse groups
- Must be familiar with cGMP and safe work practices; Quality systems & Regulatory compliance.
- Encourages and facilitates teamwork through mutual support, being inclusive, fostering innovation and embraces diversity of thought
- A full complement of business computer literacy skills (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, database software etc.) is preferred.
- Works well under pressure and able to prioritize workloads; high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform risk assessments in a timely manner, make sound judgments, and act accordingly.
- Collaborative: Develops ideas, and seeks input from others. Shares own skills and information with others.
- Blend knowledge and analysis with logic, active listening, and a continuing interest in simplification
- Be willing to take a position, and assert influence to drive improvement.
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement
- Leadership: Achieves excellence in all areas of business; Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Teamwork: Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives; Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Customer Management: Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies. Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Maintains lasting customer relationships; ensures practice delivers superior solutions to clients. Provides senior level resolution to customer issues.
- Technical Knowledge: Understands the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide customers to the best solution for their situation.
- Global R&D Platform Director – Modified Release Technologies (MRT)
- Winchester site Project Managers and their respective local cross-functional project teams.
- Fast-paced / office administrative setting
- Performance driven
- Customer focused
- Collaborative and inclusive
Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers'...