Job ID: 1180; Closing Date: Open Until Filled;
Agency: Department of Transportation; Air, Rail and Transit Programs
Salary/Grade: $21.25 - $27.22 per hour, depending on experience
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
This engineering position located in the Aeronautics Program and will work with airport owners, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and consultants on airport improvement projects. Duties will include meeting with airport owners to explain the construction process from consultant selection to final inspection, attending preconstruction meetings, performing construction inspections, performing final inspections, assisting in resolution of construction problems, plan reviews, payment reviews, resolving issues with navigation aids and weather reporting equipment.
This position requires frequent in-state travel and possession of a valid driver license.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Only applicants with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field will be considered. Applicants should possess or be eligible to obtain an FE or PE License.
- theories, principles, and practices of civil engineering;
- technical phases of civil engineering such as surveying, hydraulics, materials, and design;
- federal grant processes;
- a working knowledge of concrete and asphalt pavements;
- airports and aviation.
- prioritize issues and time demands;
- communicate effectively.
- interpret, understand and implement state and federal laws and rules; and department standards, policies and procedures;
- read, interpret and evaluate engineering plans and specifications for acceptable engineering practices;
- organize, analyze, calculate and evaluate available information and draw upon reasonable conclusions;
- plan, prioritize and organize work and project details to meet goals and deadlines;
- establish and maintain good working relationships with coworkers, other DOT staff, government agencies and the public;
- work independently;
- communicate agency goals and requirements in an effective manner;
- complete assigned tasks, act as a liaison between the consultant, the FAA and the airport owner when needed;
- speak in a public setting on various airport issues.
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- 2 years ago - save job
Governor Dennis Daugaard's goal is to create a culture in state government centered around serving the citizens, the voters and the...