Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
Mix and Serve drinks following standard recipes.
Oversee overall operation of the outlet.
Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the bar.
Provide Apprentices and Porters direction and coaching to ensure proper operation of the bar and assist them when necessary.
Clean of all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintain equipment in good working order.
Stock the bar counter with supplies.
Check product and ensure that it is correct.
Communicate with Managers and Co-Workers in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Work as a “Team”, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return to the restaurant.
Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware, ingredients, preparation method and garnishes for each drink.
Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations.
Complete opening side duties which includes: check quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies through checklist, set up bottles in display cabinet and speed rail, check condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools, check temperature of refrigeration units and glass wash machine.
Ensure that all drink orders from servers are accurately rung into the POS system before giving drinks to them.
Clean glassware in glass machine/three compartment sink.
Legibly document designated items on the spill sheet.
Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
Preform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of previous experience bartending.
- Working knowledge of spirits, wine and food.
- Working knowledge of liquor dispensing guns.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 13 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...